complete ipod backup?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rossoneri7, Mar 12, 2008.

1. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

K i searched for this but couldn't really find an answer
    Is there any way I can completely backup my ipod touch (minus the music, videos and photos) because I finally got everything installed and all, so if I screw something up, I can restore and then put the backup back on the iPod. Because If I will have to restore, I dont want to go through that ZiPhone jailbreaking and installing a load of apps...
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if its just the apps, then SSH into the ipod and just copy the application folders to your pc.
    i think you can copy most, if not all, of the other folders in the same way.
  3. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

well im thinking of restoring the whole thing...
    if i ssh and just copy the whole "/" folder to my comp, and later put them on a freshly restored same firmware ipot, will it corrupt the ipod or restore it as it was before?
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    not sure, but i would think it would be ok. but if you do a fresh JB you only need to reinstall apps and customize images/summerboard themes etc dont you?

i guess if you can copy them all to your oc you can add them back folder by folder and identiy if there are any problems
  5. beno

beno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you use bosstool to wipe your music and video you can do a complete backup without having to worry about it taking forever to copy your music and video, just go up to / and copy all the folders.
  6. nick14

nick14 New Member

i backed up mine directly to a flash disk. I just copied the all the folders i altered or hacked because all the other folders would be untouched.
  7. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

its just that jailbreaking 1.1.4 16gig is a BIG pain in the ass. both times i jailbroke it (using ziphone 2.5c) i tried 10 times, got the bsd root error loop 10 times, and restored 10 times until i got it right.
    Does anyone know when jailbreaking 1.1.4 via ziphone, which files and folders are modified or added?
  8. discotransit

discotransit New Member

So there is a way to completely backup the ipod before jailbreaking to a newer version? Because I have saved notes/calendar events/contacts/etc.

I don't mind re-installing apps and re-adding my music, but having to re-enter all those dates, notes & contacts would be a huge pain. If I read correctly, all I would have to do is copy all the folders in / to my pc and paste it back after the jailbreak? would this include all my music, photos & videos too?
  9. discotransit

discotransit New Member

Bump -- I just tried to copy all the contents in / that I backed up onto my freshly jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod and it's not going too well. Looks like I'm going to have to find other methods of backing up my stuff.
  10. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    search iBackup in this forum....