Complete Google Sync

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Eli, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Eli

Eli New Member

Apple is releasing their Me.com and charging $99 a year for it and I was thinking of buying it.

Though after some talks with my friend, we realized that Google has everything already in place for free and just waiting to be accessed.

I already have an application that syncs my calender with Google Calender (bi-directional) called "Nemus Sync" but I think we can expand on that. Gmail has a contact section that I'm sure we can tap into SOMEHOW if we have access to the Gmail portion of it already.

So with Gmail (which you can import your own email addresses to as well), Google Contacts and GCal, we also have Picasa that we could access (Sync pictures?...could be useful with the iPhone as well) and possibly Google Documents to sync our notes with (aren't we getting Office support also?)

Technically if done correctly, we could have a Google version of Me.com for free. Anyone interested in starting to build this? Or is something already in the testing stages and I have just completely missed it.
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This sounds awesome. I know I dont want to pay almost $100/year!
  3. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    dude i am very willing to help test make or anything to the best of my abbiltitys i have a very acctive google account! pm if intrested.
  4. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah don't buy it just use Google like you said you already have the resources, why pay more?