Complete beginner seeks help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fiwi, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

I successfully did the jailbreak and added a few apps, but where do I find mobile mail and notes, weather. They're not in my installer list.

Also, I want to change "slide to unlock". I downloaded the app and changed "slide to unlock", but then what do I do.

Sorry for the horrifically stupid questions I'm just a beginner, so go easy on me!

~Melissa
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Please see the ultimate guide, the link is located in the last line of my signature. There are directions on how to get these apps and put them on your touch.
  3. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

That's where I started. Thank you for providing the list. What do you mean by:
    simply put it to /System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings. (I used TextEdit, and 'edit > find')

I went to the [PIRACY.mu] page and it says it's a windows application ???
  4. punisherawr

punisherawr New Member

i'm assuming you did an automatic jailbreak (where all you had to do was restart a bunch of times)...so i'll try to explain clearly...

download winscp program (i believe you can find it on the ultimate guide)
    then when your ipod is connected to wifi, find the ip address by checking in the wifi settings

then connect to your ipod using winscp with the ip address in the previous step (connect using SFTP, its one of the settings on the connect dialog box)

username: root
    password: alpine

then navigate to /System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/

and upload the SpringBoard.strings file you modified into that folder (overwrite when prompted)...you can drag that file from windows folder into the winscp window on the right side where your ipods file system is

with a restart, that should do it
  5. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

I guess I should have mentioned -- I'm using a MacBook
  6. Crazy-Ty

Crazy-Ty New Member

thats almost the same... you only have to use a ftp application for mac, like cyber duck. The rest are the same steps like on a pc.
  7. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

okay. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

BTW, I'm trying to manually install Summerboard. I installed it, but have to fix the dock at the top of the screen. Have placed all files/folder in their correct location except the Themes folder. I'm having trouble finding:

/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Where is /var/?

Thanks!