iOS 4.0 Complete Backup

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fishfishstinks, Jun 17, 2010.

1. fishfishstinks

fishfishstinks Banned

i have an ipod touch 2/3g 8gb mc model 3.1.3 untethered with spirit, and i was wondering if i copied every single file from of my ipod to my pc via ifunbox, upgraded my itunes to 9.2 then updated my ipod to the 4.0 gm firmware would i be able to then restore most of my stuff, such as app settings / game saves (like final fantasy) once i'm on the 4.0?

i am currently unsynced,

thanks
  2. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Same question here. Would Acronis True Image work or even see the thing?
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just backup your iPod in iTunes..
  4. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Maybe, Maybe not. If so you might have to manually set the permissions because most likely they wont set their selfs.
  5. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I personally cannot because I'm jailbroken (if that's a factor) and when I attempt to sync, Apple want's me to delete all my stuff and I have "backed up purchases" but I doubt it backed up Cydia and cydia apps. Then there's the Cydia backup app but even then, it would be much easier to image the device, do whatever to it then restore.

Update: Here's a picture of iFunBox. As you can see on the left, I have an 8GB device. iFunBox has "Scanned" 40GB so far and climbing. Because of symbolic links or what? I hope the total filesize isn't that big... I only have 20GB left on my desktop, but it doesn't seem to be taking any room yet! I should'a selected my Data partition for this... sheesh. PS It seems like it is going forever.

I'm gonna cancel and try backing up with filezilla.

Please Register or Log in to view images