Compiled Apps won't show in SpringBoard

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by rocomotion, Jul 16, 2009.

1. rocomotion

rocomotion New Member

Hi, so I was trying to install a program that I've compiled with the iPhone SDK3.0 (the app is compiled for 2.2.1 though). I've done all the changes to xcode found here>>http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f9/38389.htm and everything builds fine. I also went and installed the patched [REDACTED] available here>><redacted>. However, after scp'ing the bundle to /Applications, chmodding it and doing ldid on the binary, the application still won't show on the springboard. Not only that, but a simple "Hello World" test app that I compile on the iPhone no longer shows on the SpringBoard. Both applications with their correct icons show up in the SB Settings "Hide Icons" and "Dock Applications" menus, so I know the plist file is correct. Could this be a problem with [REDACTED]? Do I need to restore my old firmware and re-jailbreak it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update: I just tried opening cydia and for some reason that just opens and immediately shuts down
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure discussions about [REDACTED] are not allowed on this forum.
  3. rocomotion

rocomotion New Member

This isn't a discussion about [REDACTED], it's about why the apps that I compile won't show up on the SpringBoard, and Cydia dies on launching