Compile for iPhone 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Szteto, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I posted this elsewhere, But I figured that it might make more sense over here too:

I know it's not possible on the iPhone itself, libgcc isn't compatable with the 3.1.2 firmware, But I was wondering, is it possible to compile using the compiler of a system that the device is plugged into, but have it actually installed on the iPhone/iPod touch.

I'm talking about unix programs, not apps. Before I updated to 3.1.2 and was on 2.2.1, I remember compiling and running irssi by downloading the source, going to the directory and running ./configure. In an effort to make my question 100% clear, I'll say it again:

Is it possible to, (I'll stick with the example of irssi) download the source of a unix program, uncompress it on/to the iPhone, go to the directory (Still on the iPhone), and compile it using a system that can compile correctly, but have it installed and set up on the iPod Touch/iPhone?

(Also, If I posted this in the wrong board, sorry...If you're a mod, could you move it to the correct board?)
  2. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No one knows?