Compatibility with Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chinchillion, Oct 19, 2008.

1. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

I know that there have been problems with ipod touch's and 64-bit vista computers.
    I hav ebeen Googling for a week or so and I can't find any up to date information on the issue. When I connect my ipod to my computer, I hear the sound taht something has been plugged in however I cannot find it on my computer and it never finds it in iTunes.
    So I'm wondering what the status is on this issue. i was going to call Apple but I haven't foudn the time as I'm a full tiem student and have 2 part times jobs...I don't have free time until their phone lines are closed.

i saw that Apple was going to make a new version of iTunes for it, if it's out does anybody have a link to it?

Thanks,
    Alex
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

When you download iTunes off of Apple, there is an option for 32 or 64 bit Vista. I have heard about the problems, but my machine is 32 bit so I can't say for sure.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It should work fine as long as you are using 64-bit iTunes 8.

Go to the iTunes download page, and you have the option to select 32 or 64-bit iTunes:
  4. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

DO i have to uninstall itunes in order to do this? I'm not sure if I will have to re-load all of my music in this case...

I downloaded the setup thing and ran it and clicked the button to "repair itunes" so would this change it to 64-bit? I'm guessing I have to uninstall completely, restart comp, then reinstall
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have 64-bit installed, i uninstalled itunes and then downloaded the 64 bit version. My ipod stil will not connect to itunes!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just followed all of the different things on apple.com to try if ipod shows up in wondows but not in iTunes. NONE Of them worked.

So what the hell do I do?
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Try reinstalling Apple Mobile Device Support.
    2. Try using a different USB port.