iOS 3.1 Comparison

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by red_5, Jan 10, 2010.

1. red_5

red_5 Member

How does a stock iPod compare to a jailbroken iPod that has nothing extra (mobilesubstrate, cydia, etc) installed? Aside from filesystem access?
  2. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well the jailbroken one has voided warranty. If you have nothing extra then why jailbreak? Jailbreaking is usually to get something extra that the stock one can't.
  3. red_5

red_5 Member

In my case the extra is filesystem access. I want my Halo mod for NOVA back.

When I jailbreak, I usually have to restore every few months because my device develops problems. I'm thinking the problems may be mobilesubstrate related, but I want to know if anything is drastically different between the two.
  4. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The drastic is obvious like the filesystem acess and themes available etc. but you didnt ask for that all you asked for was the comparison between jb one and stock with nothing added to the jb one.
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive had my ipod jailbroken for a long time without problems. i get bored with a stock ipod cause the themes and extra addons and extensions on a jailborken ipod touch make it extraordinary. my thoughts.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Haha same. Whenever I'm bored, I'm not playing games, I spend a lot of my time theming my iPod lol, always looking for something new.
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah i do that too, but i gotta keep an eye on the amount of space left on my ipod cause its an 8 gig.
  8. red_5

red_5 Member

Theming was fun for me for a while, but then I started to want my smooth performance and reliability back, so I'm pretty much back to stock.