Compared week 45 with week 47 ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fwhite, Dec 21, 2007.

1. fwhite

fwhite New Member

I had a week 45 ipod touch that had a dead pixel that I had to replace. The new week 47 touch was perfect but I do notice that it is brighter than the week 45 touch. Has anyone notice the brightness change? It looks really good but for some reason the details in the icons and words look different. Maybe I'm just use to the week 45. Movies do look outstanding. I would like to here some feedback on whether it's comparable to the iphone. I heard the iphone has a better LCD. Just to let you know, John Lennon is on the week 47 and Macy Gray is on the week 45. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas.
  2. rockingcricket

rockingcricket New Member

I've also just returned a week 45 for a week 47 and yes, I also notice that the new one is brighter. Text is slimmer, sharper perhaps.
  3. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

Why would Apple do this crap? Cheat out all the ones whom purchased it at release - with new updated better features.

****s

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. rockingcricket

Well after a day of use, I prefer my old replaced itouch. This new screen is too bright. Almost dazzling. When quickly scrolling through a list of text (such as all the available apps) although they seem to scroll a lot faster, they seem more blurred than before. The text appears to become feinter (sp?) and skinnier as you quickly scroll. I've also found that the screen viewing angle have been lessened, particularly when viewing the screen from above.

Battery consumption (or lack of it) seems better already though.

Another little niggle is that yahoo.com always changes to the lite mobile version. Probably something I can change but it's annoying. Maybe this has something to do with the 1.1.2 firmware?
  5. NeoCracer_BE

NeoCracer_BE New Member

Luckely that I have Lennon on my case

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    change the brieness on settings lol
  7. rockingcricket

Dims it down but doesn't alter the problems I mentioned.
    Week 47 also came in the John Lennon box.
  8. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    probably a slightly different model but so slightly that apple didnt mention it...?
  9. fwhite

fwhite New Member

My results with the week 47

Well, after using the week 47 for a while, I got use to the brighter screen. But one thing that I noticed that I didn't realize before is the screen has a lint on it that can't be cleaned off and there is at least 6 faint (possible green) stuck pixel. Now I'm not sure if these just started to appear or they were there but I didn't noticed it before. I tried to get a replacement from Amazon but they wouldn't give me another one. They just refunded my money and sent me this email:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry that your replacement order (#XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX) was also problematic for the item "Apple 16 GB iPod touch".

As it seems that the problem with this item is more widespread than we originally thought, we are unable to send another replacement.

We will investigate and remedy the situation with the item; however, I cannot guarantee when the error may be fixed.

Please return the item for full refund. If the item was part of a set, please return the entire set. Also, since this return is the result of our error, your credit card will not be charged for return shipping.

Please use the return mailing label you printed from our website.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. We value your business and hope that you will shop again at Amazon.com.

So, I'm not sure what's going on and am bummed out that I won't be getting another iTouch soon. Apple tech did say it was a known problem. They also suggested I purchase one from them and examine it at the store. I may have to do that since I can't live without one. I might wait for the next version, but that may take awhile. We'll see.
  10. rockingcricket

Seems like a result to me. You're free to buy a brand new, gleaming and scratch free iPod touch from anywhere you like.