Companion cube help and feedback needed!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by dagreatdan69, Jan 2, 2008.

1. dagreatdan69

dagreatdan69 New Member

[Release] Companion Cube Theme

Heres something im working on a companion cube theme. any feedback apresiated

Now for the help i need:

Right i got the icons working on the dock, but dont no how to get rid of the name of the icon that shows in white. anyone no how to get rid of that?

I want all the icons gone that r not on the dock now if i turn them all off in customize includeing the customize icon. How do u get back in customize to turn them back on to use things like summerboard?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ijailbreak91

ijailbreak91 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    COOOOOOL Them......I lloks great...NO...ilove it^^
    The game is cool and the them is cool too!!!!!

Can you do a them for boys?^^
  3. dagreatdan69

dagreatdan69 New Member

yer i will be making it neon blue soon just copying the cube for now till i iron out the kinks and get everything right first.
  4. streather

streather Member

Device:
    Nexus 4

could you put a link to launcher on the dock and use that? if not its probably just editing a file in customize to reactivate them again
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

To get rid of the manes that are in white go to smbprefs and turn "hide icon lablels" and "hide dock labels"(if you want} to on.

What is that center box? Make that a link to launcher, or better yet, download that categories thing from big boss, make a category and put everything in it, because launcher does not include ALL apps.
  6. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this is the most awesome theme ive seen i while nice work!
    i might have use a launcher theme now
  7. dagreatdan69

dagreatdan69 New Member

ive just looked into the launcher app which i never knew existed now i can make a quality theme which ill post an update of soon

edit
    this is wot my ipod looks like at the mo

8. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

What about having Different colours of the cube for the icons maybe?
  9. dagreatdan69

dagreatdan69 New Member

right here it is ive changed the colour to blue

i made the cube a category useing big bosses categories app

then ive got all my apps in the the categories from the last screen shot

if u wish to use my theme the way i have done. u need to do the following before adding the theme:

first off you need to add the source for the big bosses categories app which is sleepers.net/iphonerepo.com

after adding the source goto all packages and install categories.

enter your ipods files i use cute ftp pro.

then goto applications and open the categories folder and drop and replace the launcherbackground.png that
    ive provided in the theme folder.that will give u the custom categories background this needs to be done
    before you make a category otherwise it wont work.

now still in the categories folder open the icons folder add add the cube icon that ive provided this is a
    invisible icon to open the category on the cube.if you want to use the portal icons that ive used for my main
    categories also add that icon which i have provided also.

now goto to your categories app on your ipod and make a new category and name it Cube and choose the invisible
    icon that u added which will be in the blank space coz its invisible of coarse dont add any apps to it.

now this part is choice of corse.if u want the same as mine make the categorys of your choice for your cube category
    and choose the portal icon that u added and add your apps to them. now goto the cube category in categories and
    add the other categorys that u made.(hope u understood that read slowly lol my english is sh*t)

now you need to organise the springboard, so use customize and have 5 icons for the dock.
    and change the order as follows
    -music
    -videos
    -Cube
    -photos
    -safari

after dock

-customize

the music, video, photos and safari icons will be invisible in the theme for the dock.

now hide all the apps on the springboard except the ones that i said to organise.

i made the customize icon invisible so that u can keep it it on the springboard so u can make apps visible again
    just incase categories goes wrong

hope u enjoy ill try and answer Qs as im not good at explaining things

Attached Files:

10. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

The blue version is so sexy!

I think you should keep the bottom, but only have 3 rows of icons and dis-regard having folders for things, Then it will be cool.