comp says ipod is a camera

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by birdman472, Mar 1, 2008.

1. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

quick question. My other comp only sees my ipod touch as a camera. how do i fix this so i can add my music to it
  2. sibux

sibux Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you are using windows, iTouch only gets recognized by computers with windows xp sp2 or higher, I was having the same problem.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That's because the iPhone has a camera in it. Detecting it as a camera allows the computer to easily pull the images off of it. And since the iPod is 99% the same as the iPhone...
  4. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

My comp is running on xp though and it recognizes all the other types of ipods i have (nano, shuffle, other mp3's)

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and get to your task manager.

Check your processes and check if AppleMobileDevice is there.

If it is, then I dont know what the problem is, I had this problem on another computer too, but
    I could still sync songs through iTunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the iphone/ipod touch have totally different format of their flash drives, wich only macs are familiar with. still, both platforms cant see them as drives. (ex for disk mode), portabe drive.
    windows cant recognize the format as it does the other models like classic, nanos, etc. i think theres a way of doing it through the mac (no wifi or anything) but idk how.
    anyways, it sucks, but that was probably apple not wanting anyone getting into the system files for an easy jb. thats what im thinkin
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Or, you guys can just read post #3.
  8. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

well thanks for trying it doesnt realy matter now because my brothers busted in the usb drive so now i cant plug it in anyways. i still have my laptop though which i use most of the time.

just wonderng if there might be a program or anything that i could use after the usb is fixed thnx in advance
  9. kevin552

kevin552 New Member

update your itunes to the lastest version, that is what is causing to do that
  10. pittsteelers0736

pittsteelers0736 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    every time i plug my ipod in at my library, it recognizes it as a camera, but it works perfectally at my home. so it must have something to do with the compueter, like what sibux said

EDIT: 100 posts!