Comp cant read ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J_ATL_D18, Jun 1, 2009.

1. J_ATL_D18

J_ATL_D18 New Member

i have had a 2g jailroken ipod touch for a while now, and the other day all of a sudden the comp stopped reading my ipod touch (it makes the sound "dun dun dun" meaning it wont read it). i turned it off, thinking i could reset it, but now it wont turn on at all! and i tried to use the voltage boot program by redsn0w, and that cant even read my ipod. somebody help me please?
  2. billybojilly

billybojilly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. J_ATL_D18

J_ATL_D18 New Member

yea i put it in dfu mode, then the comp still doesnt read the ipod, even in dfu mode.
  4. J_ATL_D18

J_ATL_D18 New Member

this is exactly what i did:

1. i plugged in my ipod touch 2g, then the little bubble popped and says "this device...malfunctioned..." all that

2. then i put it into DFU mode. i held home and power for 10 seconds, and the computer made the sound when a usb device is unplugged. i then held home for 8 seconds, then the comp made the noise where a usb device is plugged in, but cannot be read. itunes doesnt even read that the ipod is in recovery mode.

i forgot to mention that all i am trying to do is boot it. i tried 1click boot, voltage booter, and that boot.bat program, but they cant see that the ipod touch is in DFU mode.

can anybody help me?