Command Problems.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Vietlord, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Vietlord

Vietlord New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I am using this guide on youtube.

6.) Open another Command Prompt (or use the one you used before, if it is still up) and type the following:
    [b]cd C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\iRecovery\iRecovery_SVN[/b]
    Again, your location will be different if you're on XP, see above.
    7.) Put your iPod into DFU mode.
    If you're unfamiliar with DFU mode, you can put your iPod into it by holding the power button, then sliding to power off.
    Hold both the home and power buttons for 10 seconds (count in your head, it should be fine if you're off by a few seconds).
    After 10 seconds, release the power button and continue holding the home button for 15-25 seconds.
    Your screen shouldn't turn on, but your device should be recognized by iTunes as being in recovery mode.
    If at any point Windows claims that the device is unrecognized, be very exact with your timing and you should be able to enter DFU mode.
    Bring up your Command Prompt again and execute the following:
    iRecovery [i]-f iBSS211.dfu[/i]
    On the quoted code box, I forgot to do the bolded part and did it before I entered -f iBSS211.dfu [step 7]

I get an error "the system cannot execute the specified program.
    I was wondering if anyone can help with this problem?
    Would I have to restore and try again?
  2. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Doesn't matter, just do the CD command and then re input the iRecovery -f..... command