COMMAND LINE DNS TOOL. help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by alirz, Jan 16, 2008.

1. alirz

alirz New Member

can someone plz tell how you use that. i installed the command line DNS tools but no icon showed up on the ipod touch.
    is it something that i use to send commands from a terminal program from the computer to the ipod or is it suppose to be able to let u do simple dns commands from the ipod itself?? please help
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm guessing that since its called "command line dns tools" it installs some apps you run from the command line. So you'd need to use the vt100 app to get to your command line, then enter the new commands.

I'm guessing that's not really what you wanted, but hey I could be wrong.
  3. alirz

alirz New Member

i'm still confused.
    does this mean that there is an app out there that can install something and i will get a terminal windows like a DOS box, and after installing NCFTP or DNS Command line tools, that i can commands such as ping, tracert or ipconfig kind of stuff?? is that what this is about??
    PS. i could not find vt100 app anywhere
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's called Term-vt100. It is a shell terminal that lets you drop down to a basic sh shell. As long as you have the BSD subsystem installed you can run most basic Unix commands including the commands supported by the DNS tools.

Use the keyboard to issue commands. Tap on the shell screen for additional controls.