Comex's Spirit JB coming out this Friday!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipt3g_Lover, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ipt3g_Lover

ipt3g_Lover Banned

As Comex said on twitter:

Source: http://twitter.com/comex/status/13036959750

This means that on Friday we will have a new JB!!!

Finally an ETA has been given!!!

This just made my day

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I hope there is an estimated time (as in 12 am) release (with a corresponding timezone) so that we may do a count down!!!

As mentioned on this post here, MuscleNerd has advised not to update to the new iTunes software if you plan to use Spirit.

Is this front page worthy?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It could be delay. Also already a thread like this
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Note that he didn't say WHICH Friday there. It might be this Friday, it might be next Friday, it might be a Friday in May when they finally release iPads outside the US.
  4. ipt3g_Lover

ipt3g_Lover Banned

No Comex said the release would be on Friday about 20 minutes ago.

I doubt he could be thinking of a delay already 20 min after he mentioned an ETA.

And a thread has already been established and talked about delays all in a 20 min time frame?

I know speculated threads have opened about Friday being the possible release day, but this is on the official ETA.

This is true but in conjunction with what p0sixninga has said, this is probably the sure fire date!!!

Last I checked many popular site reports news under the premise of "Supposedly". However, this is why the multi-touch-fans site never has any news. It never has any news, because nobody is willing to have faith, speculate on possible news, or post new findings. The front page is sad, and a disgrace for a major site like this.

Heck pick up a news paper and you will see words like allegedly, supposedly, suspect, etc.

After all between iphoneroot.com, redmondpie.com, gizmodo.com, and twitters of the jb-ers, there is new news every 4 hours. Heck, I wonder...
  5. **Tom**

**Tom** New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Awesome...
  6. Jarlath

You mention Gizmodo and Redmondpie in the same post with legitimate news sites and Twitter. How fitting you mention that and 'disgrace' all in the same post.

Rumors are fine and dandy, but saying that the site's front page is a disgrace because it's not posting the rumor you're happy about is very, very sad.
  7. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't know him personally, but I don't think he'd purposely be that deceptive. If it wasn't going to be this upcoming Friday, I'm pretty sure he'd say so.
  8. ipt3g_Lover

ipt3g_Lover Banned

I agree, lets just wait and see.

Who said I need to be happy with rumors?

I just want news.

Please tell me what legitimate news outlet has never reported under the premise of supposedly, suspect, allegedly, or etc.

If you can find a news outlet that has never acted on the term of presumably, or any of its derivations, then I will be the fist to delete my account and leave you guys alone. However, I believe that is highly improbable to do.
  9. Jarlath

And how many of them make 'front page news' with those rumors? On the basis of ONE TWitter responses? Do you see even any of the big Mac sites immediately posting every rumor that gets posted to Twitter or on their forums? Do you see CNN or the Associated Press, based on a rumor whispered on the street, immediately clear their web pages and announce it in big letters? No.

At this point, he's said something about a Friday release. Nothing else - no 'we're releasing our jailbreak program on Friday April 30th'. The only reason you're stating it'll be THIS Friday is because previously other jailbreakers have said they'd wait for the 3G iPad to be released (which is supposed to be April 30th) before releasing the jailbreak, so that maximum benefit was gained for the maximum number of users.

Without someone more reputable, or a more precise statement, I'm not sure this is exactly front-page news... no more than turbo2snow or Thunderst0rm were front-page news when they announced release dates.
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You forget that iPtF is entirely volunteer-based, ipt3g_lover.

No this isn't front page worthy. If be releases, that is.