iOS 4.0 Comex's jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bl1tzkrieg, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well people are saying that Comex's jailbreak (spirit) is going to be released for iOS4 sometime in the future. My question is: Will it run how spirit was on a 3.1.3? Like will i be able to reboot my iDevice without having to restore the iDevice like it was with blackra1n? And is there any news for other jailbreak methods for 4.0? If so could you post a link for me?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  3. Al Roker

Al Roker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, you will always have the ability to turn off your iDevice because you're on a 2G iPod touch. This is called an untethered jailbreak. Tethered jailbreaks are only on MC model devices (iPod touch 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4) because they have the new bootrom. This means that if they turn off their device, they will lose their jailbreak and have to re-jailbreak it.

Anywho, you don't really need to worry about any of that.

Also, iH8sn0w may release a jailbreak before Comex as MuscleNerd has tweeted that Comex's jailbreak is nowhere near completion. However, once iH8sn0w releases his jailbreak, be very careful that you meet the right specifications before attempting it. He has separate jailbreaks for different devices unlike Geohot and iPhone Dev-Team.

You may want to look up Redsn0w 0.9.5 though. Remember to read about jailbreaks thoroughly before trying them for yourself. And welcome to the site!