Colorware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wyatt2987, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so, I wanna do something to my ipod to make it stand out and make it feel brand new again. And I'm tired of decals because they are a hassle to put on on eventually start falling off. So I found www.colorwarepc.com and it looks awesome. They can "paint" the frame, back, and antenna of ur iPod and rplace the button with a colored one. The only problem is, is it cost a lot and takes 3 weeks. Is $100+ really worth it? Is there an alternative? I thought about brush metalizing but it might turn out like crap.
  2. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

i would really go for it, it looks effing sick! maybe make a white version and say u got an iPhone LOL (stupid way to waste 1oo bucks)
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

ehhh its really awesome butttt not worth 100 bucks... with that 100 bucks you could have gotten an ipod touch with more memory... its not worth it... buy a colorful silicone case lol... speck pixel skin cases have nice colors that make ur ipod pop!
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

theres some actual gold backs u can put on it... they only cost 50$
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    While that defiantly is amazing, it is not worth it.

Imagine if you lost it or somebody stole it....
    The chances of having an awesome case/back raises the attraction of it, which may lead to more people wanting to steal it. Weird way to look at it, but it's something to consider.

I'd go mad if I lost a $230.00 iPod Touch and a $100.00 back. That's $330.00 if you do the math. That's a lot of money to just lose.
  6. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well actually I paid about 375 for mine but that's stop a lot anywayz. Cases got boring. I want an iPod that feels naked but looks nice. Eventually I'll do brush metalizing and puts so food coloring on the brillow pad just to see what it does. Maybe give it a faded color? Anybody know of anything that stains metal? Permenant paint?
  7. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

paint it.. take a light brush, put some colors on it, then paint it.. i dare u
  8. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    LOL regular wall paint or paper paint won't cut it. Maybe car detailing paint? But that might scratch easy
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

This sounds awesome, but it really depends on how bad you want it to look really cool. Personally, I wouldn't spend the $100 on something like that, but if you really want/need it and you have the money, I'd say go for it. It seems like a great service, but again, personally I can't see spending $100+ on something like that.