Cold Weather

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rockintyler, Feb 20, 2009.

1. rockintyler

rockintyler New Member

I live in Wisconsin, upper midwest in US, and I've been pondering on whether to get one or not.

1) I've heard condensation problems with the Itouch. Will it get condensation going from a heated car, to temps below 32 degrees, back to a warm house in like 30-60 minutes (gotta heat up the house!).

2) Also will having it in my pocket be fine if I am in temperatures below 20 degrees?

You know I'm just afraid of the cold and Ipod touch factor so any info would help me out. The cold is the only thing that will keep me away from getting a Ipod Touch.
  2. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had mine in my leg pocket in cargos in 4 degree weather with no problem. My house is always at 67 degrees.
  3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My dads mate had his out in -17c in germany, no probs
  4. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try to keep it in an inside coat pocket if you're doing that, not just a jeans pocket or something. I had an ipod that spent a few nights in a car in like 10 degree weather and it wouldn't start immediately, but after a few minutes of warming up, it worked fine.
  5. desmondisabeast

desmondisabeast New Member

yeah i live in minnesota and got mine for christmas. the coldest it ever experienced was -20. i keep mine in my jeans pocket but it stays warmer in my coat pocket.
  6. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    -32 is pretty extreme cold and i shouldt take a risk ( i dont know the max temps but i think its close to what you have ) keep it warm i recommend( but not to hot ofc

Please Register or Log in to view images

)