[CODE HELP] Tap Store

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by jchaike, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am developing a Tap Store type website that will allow users to download taps straight to your computer that were created by Tap Maker.

http://store.ttm.net76.net

I am trying to make it so its basically like this:
    Browse the coverflow, chose an album and click on "More Info..."
    In the more info is a little bit abut the music, and then a nice picture of the album's quick info, and some of the avaliable tracks for download. And they could all fit into a screen like Apple's:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I e-mailed the creator and before had this idea:

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I am basically wondering if anybody knows of script that has a preview button similar to project playlist
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bro, you know I love you to death in a totally no homo way, but you can't host the audio for these songs for the same reasons that family guy mobile etc can't exist. I don't see how you can just host the taps either... PM me some info but remember... I know exactly where you is =P
  3. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I am deeply disturbed
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why are you disturbed? I didn't mean that it would be illegal to host taps, just that it didn't make sense to me to only host the taps if he can't host the audio.
  5. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if i dont directly host the songs its NBD.
    You can ask BlueFire101 about this because I refuse to host songs on my website.

I was thinking about working on a downloadable EXE file that contains the TAP file. All you need to do is locate the song file, and it will do the rest for you.

Whether you legally own the CD/Song or you got it off of FileSharing website/programs is none of my business, just provide the song, and we'll do the rest.

Distributing the Tap shouldn't be illegal at all, unless Tapulous says otherwise I guess.
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In that case, make it like iTunes. A localized, web based service. People can manage their songs etc on the computer, while at the same time, they click a button and it downloads the corresponding tap from your server. This way, you can keep away from languages you know nothing about, and you can continue in your native (though very old =P) language.
  7. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    how about a straight up app for the iphod. That does this same thing.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The language, basically. A PC app would be a little better as far as management etc.
  9. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well thats what I was going for with Tap Sync, but I have like, no time.
    I was also looking into just taking and displaying everything in your iTunes library because its all saved in that XML file. But I just haven't had time to play with it.

for now, I think I will get a few taps out on the store after its complete, and have the executable make you search for the song.

And the 2nd picture I posted with all the color arrows and stuff, I was looking kind of like in the iTunes store on the iPod, you can click the song, and it starts a preview and shows the play button on the left instead of the track number.

or even maybe using my idea where it shows the quicktime media player plugin thing, but then how do I go about not loading a new page every time i click the song?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    if someone wants to take that on; that would be awesome, and I would try to help out as much as I can, and it can be like part of this whole Tap Maker thing. =P
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not a web dev bro, we used all we had collectively to create the iPranks site. As for the iTunes-style library for your app, I can help with that when I have time lol. It can go in line after iPhone Utilities.