iOS 4.1 Code for status bar

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by llabtaem, Oct 11, 2010.

1. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After hours of searching I finally found where the status bar is in springboard.app plist file. I was able to change the device name give myself the battery percentage (you also have to edit general.plist). But now I am haveing trouble figuring out the code so I can get the time and the date on my status bar. I searched online for hours on end on how to write code for time in XML and it just isn't working(I'm a noob when it comes to programming). And I don't want to use other people programs because I'm ignorant I was already spoon feed the jailbreak I don't want to be spoon feed modifying my ipod. Even though I need spoon feeding now. I appreciate any kind of help. Thank you for your time to whom ever reads this.
  2. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sorry, I can't help you here, but I was wondering if you would be insulted if I quoted you in my sig?

3. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like I have a choice. lol
  4. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When I first started out modding my iPod, I googled what I wanted to mod, and there's almost always an app to do it...

Once I became comfortable I began googling tutorials to manually do the mods...It is worth it to learn...Not having to use Winterboard has kept my iPod nice and snappy...

EDIT, btw for the time/date, you should just get sbsettings...Its a GREAT app, very useful, and it has an option for that built in.
  5. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    @Dalton63841 yeah that what I always do ' Google it ' But I just can't seem to get my answers this time that why I used this (last resort) as for the programs I want to (even though I don't need to) save space and RAM But I will keep searching.Thank you for your time.

@ishey94 Thank you for your time and the link. I will check that out.
  7. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea no problem, thanks for the sig

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol that's the same website i was using as a referance. But thank you.
  9. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    haha, well then.
  10. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I find it funny that you — after remarking about keeping your iPod running quickly/smoothly/"snap(pily)" —recommend SBSettings, a clunky RAM hog. Yes, it is an excellent idea, but let's leave our praise at that!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Using Winterboard to swap out or modify plists will not negatively affect performance. I promise. The ease it affords you greatly outweighs the immeasurable (for our purposes) amount of time it takes Winterboard to dynamically replace things when you respring.

Carry on.