CoD Black Ops Changes

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by That Kid, Jun 1, 2010.

1. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I was just thinking about Black Ops and thought about some things that are in MW2 that I don't like such as nuke boosting. I want to see Infinity Ward find a way to stop this in Black Ops. What don't you guys want to see from MW2 or what do you want to see new? I saw there was a discussion thread but this is for making like a christmas list full of things to be in Black Ops. My first thing would be to take out the nuke.
  2. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Avoid Knifing classes, and the effect when you get shot, not so much get rid of it, as perfect it
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Infinity Ward is not the developer. Treyarch is.
  4. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Make the knife a secondary weapon, where you actually have to take the knife out then stab. No Marathon, Lightweight, (Commando is not going to be added according to Treyarch), deathstreaks, shotgun secondaries, akimbo; Generally anything that help the players who flat-out SUCK at this game should be removed.

PLUS- I hope Treyarch includes gore.
  5. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Remove grenade launchers
  6. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Knife should stay as well as death streaks and shotgun secondaries. I highly doubt those would go. Akimbo is lame. As for marathon and lightweight those should stay too.
    As for the nuke boosting I think they should set a time limit that would otherwise be impossible to get a certain number of kills by and if they reach a certain amount of kills within the time limit then....boom they get kicked or automatically killed.
  7. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The nuke boosting would be hard to do though. If someone is running around with a MP5K they could get kills faster than a booster after putting down a tac. insertion. Maybe something like if there is a tactical insertion put down twice within 10 feet of someone else than the tac. insertion just blows up!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also I like shotgun secondaries, but death streaks are an interesting idea. Getting rewarded for sucking? What?
  8. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Buff Commando.
  9. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well its pretty much impossible to nuke boost if you don't have tactical insertions. so no tactical insertions!
  10. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Please include reasons. It makes it so much easier to agree/disagree with a point.

Because I lack originality, I'll most likely be commenting on other people's points (as most of you know from the MW2 thread) but I'll try and keep this first post mostly my own opinions.

Things to be Removed:
    -No Heartbeat Sensors or Thermal Scopes. Perma-UAV for an individual player isn't fair, not to mention that it basically gives you a 360˚ safety cushion. Thermal Scopes make sniping too easy, I love using them, but I wish they weren't there.
    -Scavenger removed. Maybe the pro version can stay, but make ammo more easily accessible (as it was in CoD4) and get rid of the guaranteed reload/infinite ammo that Scavanger supplies.
    -The nuke removed. It's unnecessary. It promotes camping. It screws your team over (because they also take a death). It just shouldn't be there.
    -Akimbo knifing removed. I'll probably be covering knifing and akimbo later, but combining the two...where the hell does the knife come from?
    -Stopping Power removed. It's almost a disease, you don't want to be at a disadvantage as far as damage goes. Originally Juggernaut was the counteraction to Stopping Power, but the majority or people just preferred SP and so they nixed Juggernaut. The power boost isn't significant, and a redone weapon balancing can make up essential things that are lost (like osk with snipers)
    -Deathstreaks removed. I'm pretty torn on this, as I've mentioned in a few other places, and I've included the deathstreaks in other parts of this post. But they deserve to go bye bye.
    -Marathon removed. Infinite running is a pain, it's unrealistic, and is a potential disadvantage to both the enemy team and the person using it. I liked Extreme Conditioning.

Things to be Changed:
    -Killstreaks shouldn't be free to pick and choose. The majority of people use the same 3 or 4 as it is. Killstreaks should come in sets, unlocked as you rank up, and then you have the freedom to choose which of those you use.
    -The knife should be a perk. The current knife should be replaced by a two hit melee (doing 50-60 damage, so that you can use it as a rush bash if need be) so that you have to sacrifice to get the much sought after one hit kill. Also, of course the lunging/melee system once again needs to be rebuilt.
    -Tactical Insertions should have a sensor. As mentioned above, if there are multiple inserts placed close together in a short period of time, you should either be kicked or killed, although I'd rather implement a kill tracking system to guarantee you're a nuke booster as opposed to some unfortunate soul who's having a streak of bad luck or trying to cap a flag and failing. Also, they really need to have boundaries on where the insertions work, no more glitching out of the map and placing them in the sky/out of boundaries (this was implemented flawlessly in Killzone 2). Also you should spawn facing the opposite direction that you planted the insertion in (also referencing KZ2) to avoid people getting the Tac Insert instakill.
    -Last Stand shouldn't come with the M9. Pulling out a gun you haven't unlocked/don't have equipped is a bit odd. You should pull the last pistol you unlocked, no machine pistols or shotguns or anything.
    -Final Stand shouldn't regain health. You should drop into it with more health than last stand, maybe 25, but it shouldn't be a number that varies. Also you shouldn't be able to use any weapon explosive (noob tubes and launchers). Personally, I would like Final Stand to be used defensively, giving you a limited number of throwing knives to use as an emergency weapon but otherwise it's just a way to live. Possibly Final Stand would be the Pro form of Last Stand, not standalone.
    -Weapon Balancing and Diversity. Oh look, every assault rifle kills in 2-3 shots. Oh look, there's 1 bolt action sniper and 1 single shot rifle. I'm sure you all have your own take on it. I want each weapon to have its own feel, unlike this game where if the weapon was invisible I couldn't tell if I had a scar, tar, m4, ump, or aug.
    -Spawns should be more individualized. Not based on whether you can see an enemy when you pop up or not. It should be a blend of zone spawning (based off flags/objectives) and enemy position spawning.
    -Akimbo should be more limited. Pistols are okay, and the rafficas are iffy, but nothing else.
    -Shotguns should not be secondaries. I can't really explain that one.
    -Cold-Blooded should not give you complete invisibility from AI. Thermal scopes are okay, UAV is okay. But when some guy is having a dance party in front of my sentry gun, that's not okay. I think if you're within 50ft it should be able to kill you. With air support (that doesn't get that close) I think your chances of getting shot should be reduced by 50-75%, but not 100%.
    -The Tactical Knife needs to have a longer wait time. I actually like the tac knife, it pays a bit of homage (in my eyes) to MGS and I like that. With a better knifing system it won't be so cheap, but I really hate how a guy gets 3 chances to knife me while I'm pumping my Spas. Not okay. Also, the tactical knife, because it's an auto-lunge as opposed to the regular knife's slash or lunge, can be crazy inaccurate at close ranges. Maybe the tactical knife could be an upgrade to the knife (Pro version if it's a perk or if it's just a weapon the pistol can be the "attachment").
    *can't think of anymore at the moment*

Things to be Added:
    -Recoil on all weapons! I miss this! Ya know...when you shoot and the bullets hit different spots? Good times. Of course, I don't want a flat recoil rate, make it personal and realistic to the gun.
    -Something to counteract Cold-Blooded/UAV Jammer. I would definitely use a perk or attachment that solely pointed out "Ghost" classes. Even if it just inverted everything, so you couldn't see non-ghost players, I'd still use it. It brings more balance to the game.
    -Weapon paths. As much as I hate to lose the originality that CoD provides that other games leach off of, I really like the pre-destined weapon paths that a lot of shooters are starting to provide. When you start up the game or at the start of the prestige, it just asks you what you think your forte is (sniping, rushing, mid-range support, etc) and it tailors how you unlock things based off that. It always pissed me off by how spaced out the shotgun unlocks are, as I primarily use shotguns, I was stuck unable to use the ones I wanted. So basically they just swap around the unlocks (keeping the same levels) to get you the weapons/perks/attachments (as a long range, sit back sniper, I really don't need the silencer or acog scope, give me FMJs first) you'll need faster to be more effective. Also, as an added bonus, maybe you can unlock a special weapon for each path that's exclusive to the path. That way your average joe can't just pick up a 50cal right off the bat and sniper with the best of em.
    *can't think of anymore at the moment*

Please don't quote, just reference.