Close your own threads

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by donny007, Jun 24, 2008.

1. donny007

donny007 New Member

I think it must be possible to close your own thread if you found a answer or if you see everyone is going too much offtopic or if you have made a guide and dont want reactions or if you found the file you needed or whatever else.....

It would be nice!
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I suggested this some time back. As it will give the OP the ability to close it when things get resolved. I've seen threads with 20+ answers and most seem the same. Is that really necessary? NO. So that's a great idea.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeh i remember that too. well we dont really need it
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I disagree. It would be extremely useful in preventing a ton of posts with the same information.
  5. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I didn't find a need for it until I made that work shop. I made some avatars, so when I was 'closed" I could have had the ability to close the thread and open it the next day when I was ready to take request. You know what I mean?
  6. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes, but this would diminish the mod's job by a lot, and what if someone closed all their threads for fun, but it was like a really big thread, and they closed it to annoy people.
  7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If it's a thread that, for whatever reason, needs to remain open, mods could open it back up.
  8. mcdavid68

mcdavid68 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    .... then there would be no use of Searching, because there would be no threads to search through...
  9. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Exactly, or one big reason why they wont allow you to do this is because of post Count

Think about, if the thread starter decides to delete his/her thread, the people who posted there would lose their post count and everyone would get very upset and possibly flame the deleter, then next thing you know, this thread would turn into total and complete chaos
  10. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't care anymore. People still reply to my newbie threads so there is no point