Close Call!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchEC, Sep 29, 2010.

1. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So last week on Tuesday (21st), I took my touch into Apple to get a replacement for the light leak. He ordered one, told me it would take a few days to a week to arrive. Friday comes around, I notice I have a voicemail but NO missed call. I check the voicemail, and all I can hear is every 4 words or so. I basically couldn't understand a single thing the voicemail said. I check the number and it was "unidentified" ...great. Well, I had to leave for a wedding, so I thought nothing of it. Today, Wednesday (29th), I decide to call Apple to ask if my replacement arrived. I told her I may have gotten a voicemail, but wasn't sure because I didn't understand a single thing. She types my name in, and confirms that my iPod did infact come in, and that they had called me last Friday. Today was basically the last day I was able to pick it up before they were going to sell it elsewhere. GOOD THING I CALLED! Anyways, I go to Apple, he brings out the replacement. Yep, white box, no headphones/usb. So I kept it calm, accepted the iPod because I'm not going to make a scene, or wait anymore for another. On the ride home (at night) checked and noticed a little light leak, but it's WAYYYY better than the last leak, so I'm just going to get over it. I get home, check the serial, and I don't think it's refurbed. I heard that when you go to Apples site and check the serial, that it wouldn't have the product information listed if it were refurbed. When I type my serial in, it says iPod Touch (4th generation), also the serials first two letters are CC, and I heard refurbs have RM as the first two digits...so is this NOT a refurb? Maybe they just had one and inspected it, hence why it's not factory sealed?

Another quick question, I can't remember on my old touch but when you first get it the available capacity is supposed to be 6.3 GB for an 8GB right? It says capacity 6.5, then available 6.3. Probably a dumb question, but just making sure.

So all in all, I'm happy... hoping it isn't a refurb, but for some reason it doesn't seem like it....I don't know. Would it say refurbished when I check the serial?

Installing BSE and screen protector right when I wake up tomorrow, too tired to do it right now, wouldn't do a good job!

Sorry about how long this is.
  2. dannyroxxx

dannyroxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Refurbs probably do start the serial number with RM, since RM could stand for Refurbished Model. It also probably cant be a refurb because refurbs get checked for light leaks usually. i never got whats so bad about a refurb, it goes through a longer list of things needed for it to be out for sale. The capacity left over is whats left over after the OS is installed on it. you should be left with 6-7 gigs if its an 8 GB model. hope you enjoy your new ipt4
  3. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How did it not come with headphones and the cable? go back to apple and complain
  4. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't dislike having a refurb because someone else owned it... it's because refurbs aren't worth as much, and when/if you ever go to sell it, it doesn't look as good...but like I said, I don't think this ones refurbished... and if it is, I'll keep it! The light leak is definitely wayyy less than the other, and I now have a scratchless back!
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Maybe some hidden "other" is using some space?
  6. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I see other (.20 GB) on iTunes.. what is other, by the way?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah I don't really care. I have like 6 usb cords, and Apples headphones suck, so I'll probably upgrade anyway.

I'm just happy that I have my new iPod and it DOESN'T seem to be refurbished. Unless I am wrong... but all signs point to it not being refurbished.
  7. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea, but you paid for this device. you should get everything that comes with it.
  8. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I still have the original from the 1st 4G I bought (the one I swapped).
  9. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    they probably didnt include the cable and headphones cause they only swap the device itself
  10. dannyroxxx

dannyroxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple must be really cheap to not swap out one cable and a set of earphones lol.