Close, but so far away. Strange error Jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by justusb, Jan 19, 2008.

1. justusb

justusb New Member

Ipod Touch. Had 1.1.2. Bought in Hong Kong.
    Windows.
    PC.

I downgraded to 1.1.1. Did jailbreakme.com. Installed Okto-something. Then upgraded to 1.1.2.
    Now, I wanted to jailbreak 1.1.2. and did so (with SSH). But at the very end I got an error message regarding some tmpXXXX.exe (XXXX here being random numbers). Had to click "cancel" on the message and it repeated. Clicked cancel again again again and then it stopped. It really did seem though as though it worked as it was in the very end.

Now, my touch booted in recovery mode. So I tried to start it with the 1.1.2 jailbreak windows.bat thing. But it couldn't find my touch. I tried all the trouble shoots in the README that comes with 1.1.2 (changing path of tmp, disabling firewalls, restarting computer etc).

I followed the guide correctly.

I now wanted to install 1.1.1. on my touch but it gave the same error message - however, it seems my touch is perfectly fine as the installation went through despite the message (which makes me think that my touch actually was jailbreaked on 1.1.2. but it just booted in recovery mode unfortunately).

Any ideas?

MANY THANKS!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmmmmm, maybe you could try connecting it to iTunes and restoring it with the 1.1.1 file you downloaded
  3. justusb

justusb New Member

Sorry for not being too clear.

After the Touch only booted in recovery mode (after jailbreaking 1.1.2) I gave up on trying to "boot from recovery mode" in windows.bat, and installed 1.1.1 from iTunes. So now I've got 1.1.1 but I want jailbreaked 1.1.2 but suspect I'll get the same problem the second time.

By the way, what are the benefits of having a jailbreaked 1.1.2 instead of jailbreaked 1.1.1?

Many thanks
  4. justusb

justusb New Member

doesnt reboot

boot fr rec, waiting for eboot... ....

Ok, I tried again but same problem. At the very very end of the jailbreaking of 1.1.2 I get error pop up message "tmpXXXX.exe" has experienced a problem and must be terminated. I press cancel (only choice), same message comes up, repeat of this like 4-5 times. Then it says "Congratulations. You have jailbreaked blablabla, your ipod will now reboot a few times". But it doesn't reboot a few times. And iTunes opens up and b*tch about my ipod being in recovery mode.

I try to use windows.bat to boot from recovery but I get the same error message several times and the process freezes at "Waiting for reboot...".

Essentially I jailbreaked 1.1.1, updated to 1.1.2, jailbreaked 1.1.2 but it is now in recovery mode.

What to do?

Many thanks!
  5. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. Connect your iPod to iTunes

2. Hold down the power and home buttons.

3. When iPod disappears from iTunes, release power button.

4. When iPod reappears in iTunes, release home button.

5. Let us know what happened.
  6. briarmoss

briarmoss New Member

Same problem, did DFU

I have the same problem as the poster. I've tried rejailbreaking at least give times, and I've even tried putting the ipod into DFU mode (like you described) and restoring and rejailbreaking up to 1.1.2. I'm on a PC and every time i get the same error messages, eg tmp562.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Help on this would be phenomenal because i'd really like to upgrade to 1.1.3 jailbreak.
  7. tootricky

tootricky New Member

8. briarmoss

briarmoss New Member

Um...

how is that remotely helpful?
  9. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

its not.

A LOT OF PEOPLE AR HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

including me.
    as far as i know, i dont think anybody has found the solution to the hang in the jailbreak.
  10. briarmoss

briarmoss New Member

Fixed

Go ahead and run the windows.bat jailbreak, but then right after it's done and before it start rebooting your ipod disconnect the ipod then restart it twice yourself.

Update: install ibricker here and then run ibricker. it should have the option of booting iphone, and that worked for me.