Clock Widget for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sinatra87, Oct 31, 2009.

1. sinatra87

sinatra87 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Greetings. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.0 firmware. I have downloaded liveclock from cydia and was wondering if there was some way to make the icon for it much bigger?

Basically what i want is a large clock widget that i can move and put anywhere on my springboard. Is there any way to do this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

More specifically, has someone already done this? If not, how can I do it?

EDIT: I found exactly what I am looking for here. I just extracted the files from the Dro1d theme and SSHed them to my device.

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-themes-launches/691981-dro1d.html
  2. sinatra87

sinatra87 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok. I managed to edit the .png file for the live clock and make the image the correct size, but now it's too blurry. How can I increase the resolution?

Also, how can I edit the second hands so that they are the right size? They are displaying the correct time, but the are sized for a much smaller clock. It looks like the animation is .plist. How can I edit this?
  3. sinatra87

sinatra87 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Here's kinda' where I am right now. It's uglier than I realized since i changed my wallpaper.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

4. sinatra87

sinatra87 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I posted a thread for this on MMi and a pretty cool guy called "Melech518" decided to do the photo editing and .plist files for me. He has given me permission to post the files here for anyone who wants them. However, all credit goes to him.

This is basically a large clock widget that you can drag around and put anywhere on your springboard. It replaces the icon for your default clock icon when you activate it in Winterboard.

To install, first you must download OpenSSH from Cydia. You must also download a SSH manager for you computer. If you are using Windows I recommend WinSCP. If you are a Mac user, I hear Cyberduck is the program to use. Also, you must install Winterboard from Cydia, along with LiveClock. You may be able to use this w/o LiveClock, but I honestly don't know.

(1) Activate SSH in SBsettings. Also, you must disable the auto lock. If your iPhone/iPod Touch turns off while connected via SSH, you could have problems.

(2) Install the folder to
    "private/var/stash/themes" on your device

(3) Open Winterboard and drag the file to the top of the list. This should be a standalone widget that will go with any theme you have.

Just in case you have any questions, here is a link to the MMi thread.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/690520-live-clock-widget-iphone.html#post5017705

Attached Files: