Clock application alarm clock - no sound?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Isabel, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Isabel

Isabel New Member

I set my alarm on my Touch and the alarm pops up on screen but I don't get any sound. Anyone know why not? It made sound before, but I can't determine when it stopped working. I'd really like to get it working! Is there a secret mute setting somewhere?
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Maybe if you installed Advanced prefs in the sound section you might have turned it off

If you have normal prefs make sure sound is turned on for the speaker
  3. Isabel

Isabel New Member

Sound section? Do you mean under settings? I don't have anything called advanced prefs installed that I know of.

If I test the sounds in the edit menu I can hear them, it is only after I set the alarm that I don't get sound.
  4. Apple Guy

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    In settings go to

General>Sound

turn on speaker
  5. Isabel

Isabel New Member

Yeah I have both (speakers and headphones) turned on. I edited my post above, too. I can hear it when I test the sounds through the speaker, but not when the alarm does off.
  6. Apple Guy

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That's weird
  7. Isabel

Isabel New Member

Yeah, it is. The sound works in the apps (timer and alarm clock) when I set the sound in the app, but when the timer/alarm clock actually gos off, I just get the pop-up alert and no sound.

I'd really like to get this fixed so I can sell my old PDA that I currently use as an alarm clock. I'd also like to figure out an easy way to set the ipot's alarm to go off at 6 am on mwf and 7 am on tth.
  8. steaky

steaky New Member

I use a Palm Treo for waking up, I doubt you will find the iPod loud enough for this. There are no snooze, repeat alarm sound functions either that I have noticed. I dont trust it

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Isabel

Isabel New Member

Good points. Especially since I sleep with a fan on.
  10. maajake

maajake New Member

Wow. I can't believe nobody has replied with a solution to this yet. I have the same problem you do... I basically get annoyed at having speaker sounds... so I switch it off... but when I switch it back on... the speaker sounds are gone...

I basically go to general and perform a reset on everything... And that's how I get my sound back. I hope someone figures out a better solution to this problem.