Click Wheel iPod Emulation?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by spoonforknife, Nov 21, 2007.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Is there a skin of the music app or ipod app / application that emulates the click wheel iPod on the iPod touch?
  2. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

What you'd want is a keyboard mod, and I think that's on a per-application basis. Someone would have to hack it into the keyboard, and then hopefully just replace the keyboard files for a given app (this is all conjecture). Personally I'd like to see arrow keys, and numbers on the same keyboard as letters, as well as some programming symbols ( [](){}<>etc.. ) and "#". All of that on one keyboard would be excellent. (Horizontal keyboard, perhaps, more space..)
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

???????????????
    I'm talking about a click wheel on the music or ipod app. not a keyboard with numbers and letters on the same one.
  4. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Oh, I assumed you meant the mousewheel (and I still think you do), but for scrolling webpages and such. If you put your finger on the far right of the screen, on most apps, it behaves as a scroll wheel (like in Safari). In the music app specifically, there's an alphabetical scroll wheel (you'll see an alphabet on the right) that will snap to each letter as you run your finger down... May not be what you want, but if you weren't aware of it it may help out a bit.
  5. will1018

will1018 New Member

no he is asking for a click wheel like on the old ipods but he wants one when he is listening to music
  6. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Oh, that silly (IMO annoying) emp-sense wheel. That's certainly do-able, but I think you'd need a brand-new music player app. Someone could certainly make something, because it's not hard to make a music playing app, but you'd lose all the pretty features and whatnot of the current one (like coverflow).
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a similar idea. Hold on let me find it and repost it.
    EDIT : Here it is :
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

what if, instead of making a whole new music playe rap, simply make an app that controlls the music? is there a way to do that?
  9. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Good idea, actually, since the music app can be minimized. I dunno if there's a way though. It'd be convenient if it happened to have some kind of internal sockets or some such thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. igottjam

igottjam New Member

Like for when you double tap the home button it can be a click wheel instead of whats there?