Clearing space.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Bullislander05, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Bullislander05

Bullislander05 New Member

I've been looking around, and I have failed to locate a thread that can help me. Anyways, here's my problem:

I truly want to jailbreak my iPod. It's currently running firmware 1.1.2, and I've jailbroken it. The only problem I have is I'm afraid of jailbreaking my iPod to/in 1.1.3 because I'm afraid I don't have enough room in my system partition. I'm currently using 251 MB of 300 in that partition, and I used BossTool before to get it to this point (It was at a meager 2 MB before). Now, BossTool refuses to move the other apps I've installed since I ran it the first time, so if there were an extra MB or 2 in my partition of apps I can move, I wouldn't know how to move them. Anyways, that wouldn't help me much, because in the official Dev Team post they required at least 160 free MB of space. 49 surely won't cut it. So, here's my question (Actually multiple).

Is it required that the 160 MB of free space belong in the system partition, or just overall in my iPod? If it is NOT required, I'm fine, and I'll proceed with the jailbreak, but I have a feeling it belongs in the system partition. So if it IS required, how should I go about clearing 111 MB of space for the jailbreak?

Thank you,
    -Bull
  2. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually if you want to Jailbreak Firmware 1.1.3 via Dev's Jailbreak method, what I would do is do a Fresh System restore to 1.1.1 then Jailbreak that, then Upgrade to 1.1.2 then Jailbreak that then do the 1.1.3 Jailbreak. Atleast I know if I do that, my applications aren't causing a single problem since there are none. Oh yeah by the way Boss Tools Applications movement isn't accurate for myself since I've moved my apps. It just installs on the "/" directory instead of the default one.
  3. Bullislander05

Bullislander05 New Member

Okay.

Well, I'm considering doing that, but I would rather not lose all my music. The majority I got from a friend of mine, and it would be a pain to go over to his house to re-sync all of my songs. What would you suggest I do/use to back up my music before I do this?

-Bull