Clearing RAM on iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchEC, Oct 3, 2010.

1. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I installed an app called "System Lite" and it shows you how much active RAM I have. It says I'm using about 30 MB of my ram. I have 16 MB of inactive RAM, and 51 MB of wired RAM, with 106 MB of free RAM. There aren't any apps running. And there are a bunch of processes open (which I'm sure is normal)...but how do I go about clearing it? Do I have to download Free Memory (99cents) to do so, or is there another way?

Sorry if this is confusing.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Double click the home button to bring up the multitasking dock, hold one of the icons to make them wiggle then press the little negative sign to close the process. Then you could also restart your iPod. And Free Memory doesn't actually remove processes.
  3. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know how to close apps by the double click of home screen (I do it like every 20 minutes I use it) And I know about the restarting too. Maybe I have no RAM to clear. I was just wondering if it was normal to have 30 MB of active RAM when I have no apps open. Guessing it's from the processes that are always running.
  4. ayeitschris

ayeitschris Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm i don't think you can, only on a jailbroken device? On my 3G i got 148free 12mb active 48wired