Clear up the confusion please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by cgroux202, May 28, 2009.

1. cgroux202

cgroux202 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guys I apologize for being something of a noob but I just un-tether jailbroke my 2G iPod Touch using QuickFreedom and it worked fine. My question is though, I've gotten some mixed signals from different websites on exactly how this particular jailbreak works. I've read a site that says " the team found a fatal flaw in the bootrom which means it will always be pwnable no matter what firmware update comes along" but yet I've seen posts in this forum that say an update to 3.0 terminates the jailbreak. Basically what I wanna know is, once this new update comes will I still be able to update regularly and keep my jailbroken status, or will I be in for a wait until a 3.0 hack comes?
  2. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, the iPod touch 2G will always be hackable, but like any other firmware release, we have to create the jailbroken software. That's where the waiting will come into play. Unless the devs are building a redsn0w currently off of the betas, we'll have a lapse with no 3.0 jailbreak, for a short amount of time.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will take the Dev Team like... less than a day to jailbreak the 3.0 firmware.
  4. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's why I said short period. The only thing I can see happening is Apple throwing up some last minute hoops for the dev team to jump through right at the release.
  5. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    and they could jump the hoops pretty damn fast, so it won't be more than a day before we have a jailbreak.
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only ting I can think of that *might* cause a stumbling block would be some significant restructuring of the LLB, where the exploit lies. Even still, I can think of several ways to bypass it. I would just need to test...
  7. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    And if you're as experienced as the Dev Team, which has a bunch of people that could easily bypass anything Apple can do, it would be done prettttyyyyyy damn fast.
  8. cgroux202

cgroux202 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And would this jailbreak be tethered or untethered or do we know?
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can already jailbreak it tethered. I'm sure untethered won't take long at all.

I'm not that good, but they can come up with something I'm quite sure.
  10. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the only reason no one has made an untethered jailbreak is because very few people completely understand the 24kpwn exploit (the bootrom flaw that allows for untethered)

im sure that when the dev team gets their hands on it, it will be a day or two before it is released, no need to worry