clear skin or silicone case?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Hellishness, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well....this is mainly opinion but heres the main question:

would you rather have an invisible skin (BSE, IS...etc) or a silicone case (im lookin at the rebeltouch)?

this is mainly for when i get an ipod touch 3rd gen....cuz i have nothing else to do while i wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

. i currently have a BSE on my 1g and i think its the best thing since sliced bread and the only reason i started to dislike it is cuz i managed to scratch it and im not keen on spending 10 bucks on something ill have for a month...

i like the look of a case like the rebeltouch and it would be nice to have a little more protection (jfyi, i dont drop my stuff and i have dropped my ipod ONCE in the 2 years of ownership and that was onto wood, about a two foot drop) but, as a wise man once said "i like the naked feel"....im just completely torn cuz it would be cool to have a case....just do you have any regrets or anything as to the feel/bulkiness? would you like it to be "naked" again?
  2. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sigh, I wish I could strip my iPod naked.

(Now there's a quote for ya.)

I have a hard case, it's transparent. Don't know what I was thinking, seeing as how, when you think about it, it's much less protective than a soft case. But it looks cooler and is easier to remove from my pocket. The only think I don't like is how dust still finds its way under the edges of the case. AUGH!

I say go for a soft case for protection, hard case for looks. But I'm not saying that the hard case isn't safe, it's just not as... *mentally* safe.
  3. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how is your hard case as far as scratches go? does it scratch your ipod? does it get scratched?

the thing is, i think silicone looks a lot better....
  4. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

since you go fot the rebel get the rebel... It's a hard case with a silicon inside

5. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope. I've opened the case and inspected my iPod, no scratches. Just some dust here and there at the edge where the case meets the surface of the iPod, but I'm sure other cases will be different. I'm just mad that mine cost $24.99...

The only thing that gets scratched is the case, obviously. But since mine is semi-transparent, you can't see the scratches very well since it gets scratched white.
  7. shypquid

shypquid New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    between BSE and Silicone... i choose silicone... silicone just protects better than bse...
  8. SeanML100

SeanML100 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I say get the rebel touch if you would rather Protection over looks, or get the BSE for looks over protection.
  9. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok cool. ill prolly get a BSE and a skinit over it for scratch protection and looks