cleanup question after 2.0.2 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jshames, Sep 7, 2008.

1. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I recently upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 using first Itunes to "upgrade", then Winpwn Quickpwn option to jailbreak, in order to not have to do a complete restore. The process went OK but I noticed 2 things:

1. after the jailbreak cydia was present but not installer.

2. In order to figure out what was going on, SSH'd to WinSCP to look at the directories. When I went to the "applications" shortcut, installer.app was present, along with a few other jb apps that were not visible on the ipod. It turned out that the applications shortcut takes me to an "old" duplicate applications.xxxx folder which is not being used. The "new" applications folder did not contain installer.

3. Doing a google search I learned how to manually install installer.app using SSH and putty. Installer than updated itself and now everything is fine.

Two questions:

1. Is it completely safe to erase the "old" applications folder? (Yes a saw a thread on this but there was no follow-up)

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Is Winpwn/Quickpwn not supposed to install installer as well as Cydia? Is there a bug?
  2. blunden

blunden Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Interesting. Some answers to this would be great.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For the not adding installer part, are you sure you added installer to the jailbreak when using quickpwn?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

1) Yes
    2) No, you most likely screwed up somewhere
  5. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Quickpwn (within Winpwn) did not even offer me the option of what to install.