Cleaning up my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justinnnB, Feb 1, 2010.

1. justinnnB

justinnnB New Member

Hello guys,

I have had my iPod touch for 2 and a half years now, and after like 2 years my plug stopped working with my computer. I no longer have the ability to put new music on my ipod or whatever.

Now that's not the biggest problem, but the problem is that after all those months I have downloaded so many themes and tweaks and stuff, that my iPod has become really slow. I want to clean it up, but I don't want to go through every Cydia package (which are around 500) deleting everything manually.

Is there any way to either SSH some of the stuff away or a different way to delete some stuff?

Thanks alot.
  2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well you can use iFile on your iPod or a program such as iFunBox or IphoneBrowser on your computer to see the files. (you're gonna tell me you can't connect it to the computer, I'm gonna say buy a new cord. now that's out of the way) If you have lots of unchecked themes that show up in Winterboard that you never use, use something (these programs, ssh, whatev) to navigate to /Library/Themes and just delete the *.theme folder with the name of the theme you don't want any more. As for tweaks and the like, the only good way of doing it would be to go into cydia and go to the manage tab, look in your packages and select each tweak you want gone, hit Modify>Remove, and then queue it. Don't queue too many at a time as it takes lots of memory though.