Clarity on a few issues...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chucomsen, Dec 26, 2009.

1. chucomsen

chucomsen New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys,

I will be going to best buy, target or walmart today and picking up a 3rd Gen 32gb Touch. I've done the research and I'm sure this is the right choice =) Anyway... Just wanted to clarify on a few things. I understand the basics of jailbreaking... but:

Will I be able to use 'desktop wallpapers/themes' without jailbreaking?

I also just want to transfer over some media (MP3's and DvD/Videos) without having to buy this from itunes or similar stores. This is possible without jailbreaking as well?

I'm not too keen on the idea of jailbreaking since from as far as I can tell, offers said customizable options and free apps... and that's about it. I'd like to remain legit if I could do those few mentioned things..

Also, anybody know of a good way to turn the touch into a GPS for a car?

Thanks =)
  2. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Jailbreaking is required in order to modify the look of your homescreen wallpaper, but you can change the lockscreen wallpaper all you want.

iTunes is not required to import media from your computer.

And an iPod touch can't do GPS because it relies on wifi, which you're not going to have on the go, unless you get one of those mobile wifi devices. But then you still wouldn't have a built in compass to tell which way you're facing.
  3. chucomsen

chucomsen New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks very much man =) off I go to the store!