clarification please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by habazoom, Jan 1, 2008.

1. habazoom

habazoom New Member

Regarding this topic.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19564

I got this response- both of which are moderators.
    I am only making a suggestion to make this board more useful to all that use it. Obviously I'm not the only one who feels this way. I really don't understand where you are coming from saying that you'd rather see stupid repeat questions than suggestions to improve this board. Kind goes against the job as moderator don't you think? How as a moderator of this site can you call a legitimate and reasonable suggestion stupid and annoying? That just boggles my mind.
    I'm not saying all moderators should spend their lives on here. But when you do see posts regarding a topic that has been discussed hundreds of times before, then shouldn't you as moderator takes steps to close the post and warn the user?

edit* I figure this will be locked in the very near future, if not maybe banned
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I agree, we need need threads deleted (not just repeats) but threads like that guy advertising that "unlimited music download site".. We need a couple more mods and I think that should help solve the problem
  3. jake112493

jake112493 Member

i agree with you too
  4. habazoom

habazoom New Member

well from the link in my post you can see their attitude regarding this subject. They called that thread "useless" and locked it. hahaha
  5. linds

linds New Member

the mods are trying their hardest... especially when it comes to that "unlimited" spammer but these kinds of posts are always going to happen regardless.
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no offense the the mods that we have, but ive asked bgizzle to be a mod, and he hasnt gotten back to me for 2 months. he made over 30 new mods on this site, and when i look at the list of online users, i never see more than 2 on at the same time, and even then it takes over a half hour to get a thread deleted... where are these 30 new mods? whats the point of making people mods unless they're going to do the job they asked for?
  7. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i asked for a mod's position when the irc chat was open and i got the reply

but as the guy above there is normally only 2 mods online at once

usually ipodtouchmaster and skylarEC

sometimes bgizzle

Edit:

just to prove a point

Please Register or Log in to view images

Click it for a better view
  8. habazoom

habazoom New Member

regardless of the number of mods, they have to set some guidelines and standards to actively control the content on this board instead of just being passive about it all.