Cisco VPN with IPSec over UDP transport compatibility

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by cjd82187, Jan 29, 2008.

1. cjd82187

cjd82187 New Member

Well, I am not sure if anyone would be able to do this, but I would love if someone could make a VPN solution that was compatible with Cisco using IPSec over UDP. My University's WiFi needs VPN to connect to it, but unfortunately the default one cannot handle IPSec over UDP transport.

The Cisco VPN we use requires Group Authentiction, Transparent Tunneling using IPSec over UDP (Nat / PAT) and then a user name and Kerberos password upon trying to connect to the server.

I really don't know how hard this would be to make/port from the existing Cisco client we have, but if anyone could help out by either making or pointing me in the right direction to developing for the iPhone/Touch (I have a few friends who may be able to do it, but they have never programed for the phone/touch and would require me letting them use mine for development purposes which I would rather not do).

Any help would be greatly appreciated by myself and many other iPod Touch and iPhone users at my university.

Here is a link to the client that is compatible (this is the OS X version) http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id...sco-vpn-client

Oh, and I would be more than willing to help out with the graphics part of the interface, since that is something I can actually do.
  2. HKengineer

HKengineer New Member

YEAH, when i try to connect VPN, it says IPSec invalid....so anyone can help?