Circuit City = Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by mattym, Jun 19, 2008.

1. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, as i was browsing my usual sites this morning i found a interesting little web ad that Circuit City Put out.

It showed an iPod Touch that has several third party apps on it. I am by no means an app whore so i cant seem to make out which ones they are. Pics are attached so you can have a look for yourself.

So upon further inspection it seems that they are selling refurbished iPod Touches. But their add pictures for several models of the Touch show these additional apps. But they are also shown in some of the regular models that dont say refurbished anywhere in the product info. That can be seen in image two.

Image one is a pic of the web add, i found it on the site of Weblogs Inc. Network of Blogs. It seems to pop up pretty consistently towards the bottom of the pages. So all you that frequent TUAW and Engadget (which should be most of you) have probably already seen it.

Looks like Circuit City may have some splain'in to do!

Attached Files:

2. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

i think they are just web clips.
  3. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

webclips.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

With the 1.1.4 Applications you can purchase, you can add icons for web apps/websites. That's all you're seeing.

So,
    Mail, Notes, Mail, Maps, Weather, and a couple of icons for different websites.
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea you guys are right. I havent been to apples website in a while . Turns out this is the image they use to show off the web clips as well.

I myself never use the feature so it kinda slipped my mind.