Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by DaRichter, Feb 18, 2008.

1. DaRichter

DaRichter New Member

Hey guys I'm new to the forums here but I heard about this problem with Chrono Trigger on the ipod snes emulator. Something about pressing L, R, and A at the same time. Does anyone know if this is a problem just for people playing Chrono Trigger on their computer emulators, or is it a problem for the ipod touch as well?
  2. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

its only a problem for people playing on their ipod because it doesnt support multi touch. what you need to do is ssh the .srm off the ipod and open chrono trigger in a computer emulator, do the L+R+A part, save, and put the saved file back onto the ipod
  3. DaRichter

DaRichter New Member

Really? Ok well could someone explain to me how to ssh it to an emulator on my computer, and where I could get a computer emulator? Im really sorry but Im new to all of this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  4. DaRichter

DaRichter New Member

Could anyone help? Please I would really appreciate it.
  5. uberdude197

uberdude197 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I had the same problem as you and this is how i fixed it:
    step 1: Download Zsnes http://www.zsnes.com/index.php?page=files
    step 2: download Total commander http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm
    step 3

Please Register or Log in to view images

ownload the T-pot plugin for total commander http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/
    step:4 In total commander import the t-pot plugin
    step:5 Plugin your ipod and browse to Var\Root\Media\ROMs\SNES\
    step:6 copy the file called Chrono Trigger.srm to the same place where you extracted zsnes
    step:7 copy Chrono Trigger.smc also to the same place where you extracted zsnes to
    step:8 open up zsnes and run chrono trigger, wait for the in game load screen and load your game

Please Register or Log in to view images

Warning:this does not work with autosave files, such as saves in the middle of a battle!
  6. DaRichter

DaRichter New Member

7. bunker6

bunker6 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If anyone else is still having problems transferring back and forth, here is a method that worked for me.

Taken from the Zodttd forums, it helped me with the save transfers from ipod to pc and back:

How to :
    - get your save states .sv file (ie: ChronoTrigger.zip-080204-0701PM.sv) from your iphone. Make a backup that you will leave untouched in case of an error
    - launch snes9x 1.39 with the Chrono trigger smc file (ie: ChronoTrigger.smc or ChronoTrigger.zip)
    - start the game and do a save state in the #1 slot any where you want to in the game
    - stop the emu
    - look into the directory where you put the rom file, and you should find a .000 file (ie : ChronoTrigger.000)
    - copy the complete .000 file name
    - delete this file
    - rename your .sv file from your iphone with the copied name (ie: ChronoTrigger.000)
    - Reload your the game in the emu
    - load the save state #1
    - TADAAAAA! your iphone save state is on your PC emu
    - Do the L + R then A key stroke to open the path. I suggest to do the next part on the PC emu, because another L + R then A key stroke has to be done in the next room (5-10min of play)
    - when you have finish that, do a save state on the slot 1
    - stop the emu
    - find the .000 file and rename it with .zip extension (ie: ChronoTrigger.000 => ChronoTrigger.zip)
    - Extract it with winrar. using winzip gave me an error. the extracted file will just be called "Chrono Trigger" with no file extension
    - rename this extracted file into your original .sv file name (ie: Chrono Trigger.smc-080214-1039AM.sv).
    - upload the file it on your iphone copying over original.
    - TADAAAA! you'll just have to finish the game now
  8. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

doesnt work right. anyone confirm this?
  9. bunker6

bunker6 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Worked for me. Did you attempt it? If so how far did you get before it didn't work?
  10. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

up to where i load it on my ipod and the save just brings me back to the begining of the game