iOS 3.1 ChronicDev = Fraud.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wat., Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Seriously. "Pl0x donate moar monehz to me so that I can maybe possibly hopefully release this program that's READY NOW next year for a device it still likely won't work on."

The guy is a fraud. Geohot actually delivers on what he says. Same with the Dev Team. But Chronic is just sitting back, stalling to get donations.

If he was legit, he'd release something. Especially if he already supposedly has a working tool.

No. He's waiting to stall for time, and to simply get more donation money from people stupid enough to hand over their hard earned cash for a project that will NEVER come out.

Not only that, but by the time the next iPhone comes out, the hack that Chronic SUPPOSEDLY has will be outdated, and most definitely patched.

The guy is a fraud and a thief!
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

um... he took a poll asking when to release it and we all said later... he not stallng on money's behalf
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wait, hold on a second.

You're telling me this guy can't be paid for the research and time he's putting into this project?
    And you know for sure he's completely scamming us?

Geez, just because the Dev Team and GeoHot do it for free doesn't mean he has to.
  4. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    So you're all for paying someone to feed you a line of BS for a year or two?

If so, I'm inventing personal rocket ships in two years. Please send me money orders in the amount of $69.95 now to reserve yours. You can go to the moon with them!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

ok... it was up to us when he released it, it could be out right now.
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Honestly, people like you are such hypocrites.

If all the iPhone Dev Teams quit working, right now, you would all be crying and begging for them to start again. You'd even offer to pay them.

So, when a Dev Team takes a poll to see who wants the untethered jailbreak now, or wait to ensure the exploit to be there in 4.0, you choose wait (or at least a majority did).

Now you cry. iPod's are not everything, please try to get over it!

Done ranting.

Also, they are donations. You understand that, right? It isn't mandatory (although he could easily release it and make lots of money off of it).
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ^ This. Also Chronic is not a fraud, they did discover a few things in the past.
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you think he's a fraud, don't donate. However past work by Chronic Dev would stronglyu suggest he's legit.

Saying that, I personally don't agree with any donation/chip-in policy before work has been produced and I think it was bad form for Chronic Dev to go down this road.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.