Chronic Makes iPod Touch 2G Jailbreak Progress

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by Exosion, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    To all those that can't wait, Chronic just did a major overhaul of his google code page which is now focused on jailbreaking the iPod Touch 2G. He has completed three of the five steps he has posted as necessary for a 2G Jailbreak, and he's starting to give those 2G owners hope for a jailbreak. Today, he posted a very lengthy post on why exactly the jailbreak is so much more complicated than the 1G's. In short, it was because the device that physically boot's up the iPod Touch wasn't checking for a firmware digitally signed by Apple. That made it easy to go in, and implement a custom firmware. In the 2G, it does check for that. (I'm 99% sure that's what he said, I'm paraphrasing here.)

How soon will their be a jailbreak? Who knows, to be blunt. All we know is there is progress being made, and it's progress that is highly appreciated.
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    YAY! Go Chronic! keep up the good work
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude... is he doing this by himself??
  4. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He didn't really make any progress, he just updated his page that indicates progress so it's more focused. And also, he explained what has to be done on his blog (which people who are attempting to find an exploit already know). So really, we're not any closer, just more organized.
  5. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Readjusting his goals and actually narrowing it down to exactly what needs to be done is organization and progression.
  6. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I suppose, but he already knew what had to be done. We didn't--so it's really just an update on what's been happening in my opinion.
  7. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    for this to go any were dont we need some organization?? so it may not be huge but it is somthing....
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    We have know that since the day the 2g ipod came out....