Chronic Dev Team: Why untethered jailbreak is a long way off

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 0xjf, Feb 10, 2009.

1. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Many of you have probably already seen this, but alot of people haven't been checking Chronic Dev's Blog as much because so many people have jailbroken their 2g. here's the latest update:

2. GalTouch

GalTouch New Member

so.. what this means?
  3. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    read it for yourself.
  4. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    this is basically a pro/con, compare and contrast of tethered and untethered jailbreaks. chronic is basically saying to wait for untethered, and to stop asking for a tethered from them...

now! this is VERY old news, cause this came out before the tethered redsn0w release came out... i knew about this before i jailbroke my ipod... which was right when redsn0w came out. so yeah...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    dude, they read it, and they don't understand it... thats y thy're asking....
  5. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    no, that kid responded within 5 seconds of me making the thread. and nobody cares if you already seen this news. it's for the n00bs.
  6. HckrSvn

HckrSvn Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So... In other words, tethered jailbreak means that if you wanted to, you could revert your iPod back to its previous state, & the tethered means that you are stuck with what you have.

~HckrSvn
  7. jonnyalford

jonnyalford Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok so this is how I am understanding this

They are not going to release a user friendly way to tether jailbreak it because it would make more sense for them to put their time into creating an untethered jb

Is this right or am I Reading it wrong?
  8. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Wtf?. lol its very simple if you all would take the time to read and understand.

Its basically like this, a tethered jailbreak, "tethered" meaning if you have to hard reset your ipod you have to connect it via your computer to reboot. b/c your ipod sees the modified o/s and won't boot it.

a "untethered" jailbreak means that you could hard reset your ipod without having to connecting it to a computer, just like the 1g jailbreak.

as far as being able to put your ipod back to its previous state you can do that no mater what.

basically chronic is saying, hooking up my ipod to my computer every time I need to hard reset is lame, so i would much rather put more effort to making a "untethered" jailbreak
  9. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is extremely old news. Like literally weeks, almost a month old, before the tethered was even released.
  10. bfolkrod

bfolkrod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree that they should stop all the tethered jailbreaked-ness-ness...and start workin' on an untethered version...Because I really don't wanna' have to connect it to my compy EVERY SINGLE TIME it dies or an app crashes etc' etc'...