Chromium iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Mortel, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If anyone else noticed, something named "Chromium iPhone" was released in Cydia today (at least I think it was today).

Anyways, after installing this on your iPod or iPhone, it does the equivalent of replacing the other.artwork on an older firmware version with a modded one.

Does this mean other.artwork on 2.0 is finally editable? In the description of Chromium iPhone, it says that it is not simply just a modded other.artwork, but a redid firmware. I was wondering if this was actually true. It did seem to take a long time to download, but other.artworks are semi-large in my opinion, and I am inexperienced with theming, so I don't know. D:

Edit: I just searched and found more threads about this, but I am still wondering if it manually changed things, or just changed the other.artwork.
  2. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

its been editable since 2.0 came out. and its been it out for a long time. it also change some other stuff, like the badge, sliders, and highlight mask.
  3. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    pft, the other.artwork is only 4.64 mb. If you look in theming tutorials they have one on how to extract all the pngs. Pretty simple, although there's a lot more now and so it takes a bit if time to figure out exactly what each one does