iOS 4.0 Choosing when to use MultiTask?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by longcat93, Jun 21, 2010.

1. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After updating to iOS 4, I realized that everytime I try to exit an application the app just goes into multitask background.

i don't want it to be in multitasked but to exit it. For example I'm using Safari and I want to exit it (not minimize it) so i click the homebutton but Safari is still running in the background. So then i would have to manually close it but clicking the homebutton again to close it.

is there anyway to choose when to close apps and when to put them in multi tasking mode?
  2. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sort of... if you hold your finger on the apps in the multitask dock it'll come up with a red line just tap it
  3. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

No, but you don't really need to. They don't use any memory at all. Since it's Apple's Kind Of Multitasking so they just save the place. But if you do get too many, just go and exit a few of them
  4. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so if done using safari and click the homebutton once, does safari really exit or is it still in some standby multitask mode?

i don't want to waste RAM, since i'm on an iPod Touch 2G (jailbroken)
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Theres an app in cydia called remove recents or something like that, it removes the recent apps from the menu that you've been on that aren't actually in the background.
  6. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah this is what i'm talking about. because it confuses me if i close an app and it is still on the dock. makes me think it is still running in the background.

EDIT: I don't see it on Cydia, what's the source?
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think its the bigboss repo, I can't be 100% sure though because I cant check. I'm still waiting for the MC jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images