Choosing a 1G case... help me out?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by emilyh, Jan 24, 2009.

1. emilyh

emilyh New Member

I received a refurbished 32 gb iPod Touch for Christmas. I believe it is a first generation (no external volume control), and this seems to severely limit my choice in cases. So, my first question is, could I use the Belkin Vector Laser-Etched Silicone Sleeve for the 2nd generation on my first generation ipod? If so, is this case worth it?

I'd really prefer a silicone case because the damage that mostly occurs to my electronics is dropping and scratching. I'm worried a plastic case would not provide any shock absorbency for a drop, and I also tend to prefer how the silicone cases look. However, I had a silicone case on my old ipod and a lot of crud got inside (the whole bottom was open) and I hate taking off the case because of how disgusting it looks in there.

So, if I'm looking for a decent silicone-like case, that will prevent too much crud from getting inside and will pick up minimal amounts of lint, what do you guys recommend? I've been researching cases all day and the forums and reviews on this site have been helpful, but I was hoping to get your opinions on some more specific cases. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment:

iSkin Touch

Incipio Berry Red dermashot Silicone Skin Case

Power Support Silicone Jacket

If you have a silicone case you prefer to these, please let me know! I would prefer it look a little bit nicer, I don't like the kind with the HUGE bumps on the back, but I'll take functionality over style if it comes down to it. Also, again, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the Belkin case, and if anyone has one, do they happen to know if it would work on a first generation Touch?

Thanks so much!
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't use 2g cases on 1st gens... The home button is in another place and other things are different, SwitchEasy do great cases (google it)
  3. emilyh

emilyh New Member

Thanks for the heads up, I'll steer clear of the 2g cases.

I looked at Switcheasy but the only 1g case is the capsuletouch and im just not thrilled with the way it looks. I like red, but i don't like the red covering the black of the screen, if that makes any sense. The front portion just looks weird in my opinion.
  4. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i bought a pink capsultouch and it comes with a pink and a black so you can have the front all black