Choose from two springboards at startup?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Quadrant, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a special theme on my springboard that requires complex setting up of over 50 blank icons and a ton of springjumps. I want to try out other themes I've seen, but I don't want to go through the hassle of un-applying my theme (it took me two hours to set it up) and re-apply it when I want to use it again.

So, is it possible? I would preferably want to have a normal springboard so I can test new themes on it and my current springboard at the same time.

If anyone is interested in what theme I applied: http://www.macciti.com/forum/iphone-releases/504-mac-os-x-mobile-krs.html

Edit: No one seems to know how to do this (after 50 views). Does this mean I have to spend hours organizing my iNav themes? If I have to, I will. But will copying the Springboard folder on my iPod help? Someone at least give me an answer

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, there is a tweak for a 1x1 SpringBoard in Cydia (Touch-Mania source), made specifically for iNav type themes. Maybe you could install that and use it with your iNav themes, and then use SBSettings to disable the dylib when you want to try a more "traditional" type theme. That's probably the best you're going to get.
  3. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ What does that tweak do? I installed it and now all my icons are gone and the springboard is acting weird...
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It makes it so that each SpringBoard page consists of only one icon. I don't know how well it works, I've never used it myself.
  5. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Each springboard one icon

I don't think that will work for me...thanks anyways...

Edit: OH wow...I removed the tweak and my previous theme has completely been dissembled...

Is there an application that will delete all blank icons? I'd like to start all over...and there MUST be a way to back up your springboard so something like this can never happen again...

2nd Edit: I removed the theme and all blank icons and it still is not looking like a normal iPod Touch...I'm thinking of restoring

6. mat1111fun

mat1111fun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Springback is an app that saves you springboard

thatll probably work
  7. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ THANKS A LOT!!! I think that app is what I was looking for all along! Now only if I had known this earlier, I could've avoided messing up my earlier theme...
  8. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright Quadrant has already seen my thread about this sort of feature. What I'm wondering is if Springback only lets you save one backup. I would like to have two backups, so that I can quickly switch between my two themes (including wallpaper, status bar, FCSB, FiveIDock, etc.)
  9. Birne aka Pear.phone

Birne aka Pear.phone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    my springboard setup takes about 30 - 40 minutes..... just the setup....
    I use springback to do it ...(takes 10 seconds) You can save multiple arrangements on springback....