Chipped screen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Torin_93, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was sitting on a reclining couch and my ipod was on a cushion when it somehow fell between and hit something on its way down! Now I have a small chip on my screen! Do you think apple would be more willing to replace my ipod in september when the 3G comes out and they have all the 2Gs just "laying around"?

I have a screen protector on and I cant exactly see how bad the damage is. I would remove the screen protector (which didnt do its job lol) but I dont have one to replace it at the moment,

Thx
    Torin
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apple wont replace it. ever.

not for free at least....

your best bet is to look for car windshield repair kits and see if they can help fill in the glass.
  3. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Damn! I was looking really close after I posted this and im not sore if the screen is seriously damaged...maybe the screen protector is making it look weird?
  4. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just take the screen protector off and check it out...

after reading this i was gonna make a thread about if the screen protectors (other than soft ones like invisibleshields) actually do anything cuz they're easier to damage than the real screen. like if your ipod gets scratched by a rough rock, wont it just rip through the screen protector first?
  5. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thats what im thinking...I plan on buying the invisashield soon! I would take it off but I have no screen protector to replace it!
  6. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dont worry :shhh: screen protectors dont do anything on glass screens...they're mainly for the peace of mind...and i recommend http://bestskinsever.com for skins (i have one), or, even though i have never used them, http://fullbodyfilms.com--they got an A- rating from ilounge, so it must be good. invisible shield is overpriced imo. just be careful with your ipod when it isn't protected (like not in pockets with coins, dont lay it flat on its face) and it should be fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The invisible shields are 5 bucks by themselfs and an extra 15 for instalation which I might just do cause I dont want bubbles!

Thnx Hellishness
  8. Remy B

Remy B Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can just use some not sharp tool to keep bubbles out since 15 for installing is total rippoff and you should check if it is really broken.
    Adding on hellishness, always keep your ipod pocket empty of other stuff...
    it works for me
  9. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Today I went to the mall to buy an invisible shield and installed and the dude took of my original screen protector and it turns out my screen was not chipped or scratched! So basically lucked out! So I guess that my original ipod screen protector worked. The Invisible shield looks and feels great it was worth 21.49!
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I had exactly the same problem with you... I also had what looks like a small chip on the screen, at the lower-left corner... It looked quite bad but thankfully, when I lifted the screen protector to check, it did not hit the screen...

Thank goodness for screen protectors!

Please Register or Log in to view images