iOS 4.0 Check this out, guys!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by reddevilmaestro, Jun 21, 2010.

1. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am aware a new jailbreak will be released soon for 3rd Gen iPod touches and 3GS with the newer bootrom (limera1n or greenpois0n)

But, according to geohot, he's in Paris for some hacking conference and this is a video a guy recorded from there. Geohot hints on a possible new exploit for iPhone 4 and i hope he means 3rd gen devices too!

via GadgetsDNA
  2. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. awpitchy

awpitchy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. jjesusfreak01

jjesusfreak01 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Chances are that if there is an exploit for the 4G then it will work for the 3GS and iTouch 3G, primarily because Apple is unlikely to have removed an exploit they didn't know about, and equally unlikely to have created new exploits that don't exist on earlier systems. If they were to redo the entire (security) system for each successive iPhone, they would create numerous new loopholes, and Apple doesn't want that.
  5. squirrelman1000

squirrelman1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i just hope geohot releases his exploit soon
  6. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah, that makes sense. Smart of dev team and geohot to keep it, but unbearable for us to wait.

dont worry guys, its coming soon! hopefully after apple releases the iphone 4, or even better, since iOS 4 is already out, the jb tool may be soon follow.
  7. jjesusfreak01

jjesusfreak01 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just listened to his talk. He makes it pretty clear that he has another bootrom exploit that works for everything, and he indicated that it works in practice (he used it on his ipad, iphone 3gs). All he really has to do is add the program shell and release it. He might let the dev team take this one though if they have another exploit, and save the best one for last.
  8. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow, I hope either of them releases it soon. I'm on a 8GB 3rd Gen and wanna see how multitasking and wallpapers work. Well, I guess I gotta wait a while.