iPhone 3G Check Hotmail on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sup3rsonic, May 23, 2009.

1. Sup3rsonic

Sup3rsonic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys.

so i got a *certain* mbox hotmail app to view my mail but now the *certain* kind of app has ran out of trial

Please Register or Log in to view images

, what other way can you check your hotmail on your iPhone 3G without using safari to do it.

thanks
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Copy and Pasted from WindowsLive:

This solution article provides information to customers who wish to access their Windows Live Hotmail emails on iPhone.

To setup pop3 on your iPhone please try the following steps:

1. Tap Settings > Mail > Add Account > Other
    2. Enter Name, Hotmail Address (Your Live ID), Hotmail Password
    Note: You may get an error message saying that you will need to be a Windows Live Hotmail Plus Subscriber. If you see this message, please press "OK" to ignore the message. Pop3 service is now available for free for all Hotmail customers.
    3. Click "Save"
    Your account will be automatically configured at this point without further action from you.
    4. Now please go to the IPhone mail client and start downloading your pop3 messages.
    Note: The first download from our pop3 servers could take up to 5 minutes for the first sync.
    If for some reason the phone does not auto populate the server information, please use the following server settings:
    Pop3 Server: pop3.live.com (Port: 995)
    SMTP Server: smtp.live.com (Port: 25)
    Advanced Settings:
    Incoming Uses SSL: On
    Outgoing Uses SSL: On
    Authentication: Password
    Delete from Server: When removed from inbox

Source

There are some other options I can think of but that one should be easiest for you.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Thats the guide I used
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure you can just enter your hotmail address and password now and it works. That's what i did last time. If not, use the steps above.
  5. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That method using the default mail app words in a basic level. It does NOT transfer changes like weather or not an email has been read, deleted or anything like that. It also doesn't show your individual folders. Also when you set it up, it marks all your emails in the inbox as unread, so you have to re-read all of them.

Just pay the 12 or so dollars and get an excellent hotmail app, instead of buying a few coffes in the week, keep the money and spend it on something worth while. mBox Mail also gives you access to your hotmail contacts, as well as local contacts. It has landscape in all of its menus. Heck i prefer send/receiving/checking emails on mBox Mail over even using my computer.

EDIT: How can you call yourself an ipod touch lover when you cant even fork out 12 bucks for an an excellent app you will use as long as you have an ipod/iphone.
  6. Sup3rsonic

Sup3rsonic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks ill go try it now!

@Spartigus Its cause im an iPhone 3G Lover

Just cause i don't want to get a app that costs doesnt mean im not a 'ipod touch lover'

Get real..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thanks, worked perfectly!
  7. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thanks Drew for the info! I can access it now. I tried doing this in the past and it didn't work. Well I'm happy it does now. Thanks again Drew!
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

my answer was going to be to get the mBoxMail from the App Store for like 5 buck, but this tut DrewGzy is even better.
  9. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Thanks for the props; glad I could help!
  10. bobbierob610

bobbierob610 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did that, but where are all my folders?

i did that, but now when i use the mail app, there isn't any folders (drafts, sent, trash, etc.). And i don't think that it syncs the unread/read status, either.

can anyone help? sorry im a noob.