cheapest unlocked iphone plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carmador, Jul 31, 2009.

1. carmador

carmador Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay ive already read another thread on this,
    but i was woundering what the cheapest plan i could possibly get with an unlocked iphone is?
    whether it means switching to a pre-paid plan on t-mobile, or getting that txt-free app and gv mobile.
    i just dont want to pay like 80 bucks a month for a plan.
    i currently have verizon and an ipod touch, and it'd be better for me to not have an ipod in one pocket and a phone in the other.

i would like to have:
    unlimited texting
    cheapest minutes(not zero) like 30ish

also i went on ebay, and iphone 3gs prices are like 600+, why is that?
  2. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

$600 is actually a good price for the 3GS. $199 and $299 are subsidized prices that AT&T offers when you get a plan. $600+ is the correct price for an iPhone without a plan.

I would also like to know what the cheapest unlock plan for an iPhone 3G is, if it offers 3G or not, and where I could get it.
  3. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That is really good considering that the palm pre is $849 off contract. Just sayin'
  4. So you want to know the cheapest plan for a cell phone on GSM? You'll have to shop around. T-Mobile plans are pretty cheap and I have unlimited minutes and texts for only $59.99(We've had that plan for 3 years now though) and the first two lines are free and my line, the third one, is only 9.99. If you want data the cheapest data is 26 dollars I believe, but I don't use the internet on the iPhone much since I have a laptop.
  5. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    With T-Mobile you could get an individual plan for 300 minutes for $30 a month or 300 and the my favs for $40 and then add the unlimited messages and unlimited internet plan for $20. I wouldn't tell them it was for an iPhone or they will want you to take the $35 plan for smart phones.

Victor
  6. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    T-mobile. $40 for 300 min. and you can call up to 5 people as many times as you want with out draining your minutes. T-mobile also offers (not offers, more like hacked) free unlimited internet, if you know how to do it that is. There's a thread about the Free T-mobile Data, just have to search...
  7. carmador

carmador Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i read about the t-mobile sidekick prepaid plan. that one seems to be the cheapest plan.
    its $1/per day plus $.15/per minute. and it comes with unlimited text and other stuff.
    i just use my phone right now to txt anyways.
    does anyone have any additional information about t-mobile plans?