CHEAP iPod Touch Auto Mount Solution

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by blksqrl187, Feb 5, 2008.

1. blksqrl187

blksqrl187 New Member

Hey all...

Since I got my 16GB touch, I wanted to make the most of this little device both hooking it up to my two favorite toys: my beloved (and aging, well) Vestax 007 mixer and of course, my new Tacoma pick-up. I looked high and low for a good looking auto window mount, and almost pulled the trigger on the Kensington (which I'm sure has a great feel.) However, I heard about the almost-too-good-to-be-true mounts offered by DealExtreme which operates out of Hong Kong, I couldn't help but let the cheap bastard in me take the $7 plunge.
    (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2029)

And after two curious weeks, it showed up in a brown sketchy package covered in chinese writing. I opened and no kidding, it's a nice piece. Motion is as fluid as the video's on the DealExtreme site, and it came packed better than most things I get from newegg albeit covered in asian hieroglyphics and scuff marks.

Anyways, if there was anyone feeling nervous about this mount, or waiting for the pricier Ram Mount line to come out, I'd say try this $7 beauty. Even has a silly little picture frame to put a picture of your chick in (or favorite naked celeb.) This unit wraps around the touch (which I have in an ExtremeMac case) and has two small foam "notches" that keep it from budging even on sudden screeching halts.
    Minimal shaking during drive (depends on your road conditions; Orlando's are ghet-to.) Get this mount!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry for the poor image quality. The program on the Touch is of course "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", which by the way, I wouldn't recommend watching tv while driving. But I do, and it's great.

2. 1969azcj5

1969azcj5 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    looks good

I will definately try this. It looks like it would work on my jeeps flat windshield very well
  3. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice to see some pix of it. I bought this exact one from DealExtreme on the 4th (but they are on new years holidays)
  4. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mine just got here yesterday. It works great. Not to mention the suction is awesome, i doubt it will ever fall off.
  5. eyezack87

eyezack87 New Member

Definitely gonna check these out. Thanks for a great review

6. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol i already broke mine...well it still works perfectly, but the little black piece that is on the bottom that the cell phone/mp3 player/touch/iphone etc is supposed to rest on, i broke one of them off lol.

Not really a big deal though as the 2 sides that pinch the touch so it stays in place is very strong and holds it fine.
  7. 318aye

318aye New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ordered mine, can't wait for the sketchy packaging!
  8. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

cool, but it looks rather easy to make yourself
  9. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    JUST ordered one.
    im excited to get the sketchy asain packaging too lmao
    i just got my parents jeep cause they bought a new car. itll definetly come in handy.
  10. 318aye

318aye New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    as far as making your own, is that really feasable for seven dollars???